martedì 14 aprile 2020

Meanwhile in Tripoli

Howard Stern: What is the procedure - I have to ask one more question - what is the procedure to call Trump? In other words, do you have a hotline number where you can go right through or do you have to go through all his lackeys? Governor Cuomo: Howard, it's amazingly simple. And I tell you, he's been amazingly accessible. Either he gets on the phone or he calls me back in ten minutes. They call one number and then he has a person who answers who gets him. Howard Stern: Good. I like to hear that. Governor Cuomo: Yeah, it's been great. It's great on that level. Howard Stern: Are you drinking at all? Do you have booze at night to unwind a little? Governor Cuomo: No. Howard Stern: Nothing? Governor Cuomo: No drinks. Nothing. Not a drop since this started. Robin Quivers: Wow. Governor Cuomo: Nothing, not a beer. This is 24 hours a day and I'm not going to be in a compromised position. I'm at the age where you have a couple of glasses of wine you feel it the next day. I'm not going to be diminished now. I wouldn't do that. Howard Stern: I love that answer.
13 April 2020

Cuomo’s been calling daily, even hourly, begging for everything, most of which should have been the state’s responsibility, such as new hospitals, beds, ventilators, etc. I got it all done for him, and everyone else, and now he seems to want Independence! That won’t happen! 

4:07 PM - 14 Apr 2020
Donald J. Trump ‏ Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Foto GNA Media

Se chi beve alcol, è consapevole del fatto che si tratta di una sostanza che altera le proprie capacità (mentali soprattutto) perché beve comunque? Che vantaggi o piacere ne trae?

Il governatore è riuscito a sfruttare il non idilliaco rapporto con Trump meglio di quanto hanno fatto Netanyahu e Cohen. L’ha costretto a onorare impegni dai quali istituzionalmente non poteva prendere le distanze per poi farlo apparire per quello che è. Un presidente che fa gli interessi di pochi e che quindi costringe i governatori a sfruttare al massimo i poteri consentiti dal sistema americano.
Cuomo ha, nel cittadino americano, un interlocutore consapevole.
Anche i governi europei che continuano a lamentarsi del dopo-Obama caratterizzato dall’assenza americana in vari scenari dovrebbero esserlo. La Libia oggi soffre per colpa di chi pensava che Serraj fosse addomesticabile. E che Erdogan fosse poco addomesticabile.
Haftar invece per tutti rimane quello che effettivamente è.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento